My name is Wolfgang Kurz. I was born in 1941 and I live in
, a city in the southwest of Germany.
My original profession is land-surveyor, but I actually work since 1970
as an engineer in Information Technology.
No wonder that my main hobbies are IT related.
A lot of time I spend with the development of various tools for application development, application modelling, and cine film digitizing. These are:
- JadeIDE - a Java integrated development environment that eases the development of SUN Java applications and applets significantly.
- JadeMOD - a tool written in Java, that allows to model business domains in a very clear form (see also below).
- CineToVidPro - a suite of tools that allows with a good flatbed scanner to digitize cine films (Super 8, Single 8, Normal 8, 9.5 mm Pathé and 16 mm cine films even with optical sound track) in order to generate videos.
- CineSharp - a (independent) tool that allows custom sharpening of a series of JPG Images - only available under Windows, needs .NET 3.5.
- RenumFiles - a .NET tool to rename / renumber a series of files with identical file type (e. g. .JPG images).
You can add a literal as name prefix or name suffix, you can use or omit the original file name, you can remove numbers from the original file name
and you can add a sequence number with a defined step width. The position (left, center, right) of the name components can be freely choosen.
- ApplyExif - a tool to apply to scanned images camera specific EXIF information so that these images show on the display of the camera.
The camera can than be used as mini photoalbum or as device to show the images on a TV set.
- DustRemover - a tool to clean scanned images of transparencies from dust and fluff.
All tools can be downloaded free of charge from the download section of this site.
A topic which is still of special interest to me is model
driven business application development.
The development and the definition of methodologies that can be used to
efficiently create models which show the business essentials of a certain
industry segment consumes a lot of my spare time. This includes the
development of tools
which allow consistent documentation and easy maintenance of such industry
models. One of my major concern is to reduce the complexity of such industy
models and by that making them the ideal basis for discussions between business
professionals and IT application designers and developers in order to properly
specify the business requirements an IT business solution has to support.
I want to thank my wife Ute. She is very patient when I am sitting in front
of my computer working on my products.
To contact me, click on the button below
and remove the capital umlaut U respectively the codes %C3%C9
from the address shown in the address line of the upcoming e-mail form.
( This is to make it more difficult for so called harvesters to automatically collect e-mail addresses.)
Where the users in March 2014 came from.
This is my preferred auction platform for Germany in the web: